The Book is a melee weapon found in Hitman: Absolution.
- "A heavy book, titled: 'Fauske City Moments' by A. Whist."
Books can be unexpected weapons. They can be used head-on by bashing a target in the face with the corner of it, or by bashing a target in the nape of their neck with the corner of it. Alternatively, they may be thrown and used as a distraction.
- A Personal Contract: In the yard before the garden.
- Rosewood: Various locations; on the ledge at the top of the stairs in the room immediately to the right after climbing out of the elevator shaft.
- One of a Kind: On the shelf in the basement.
- Death Factory: Decontamination area. As you walk in go straight down hall, turn right at end of hall, walk through curtain, stay right as you make your way to the oppisite wall of the room with the two "windows" when you reach that point look right and down next to the lockers.
- The name on the book's cover is Danish children's story writer H.C. Andersen, possibly a slight nod towards IO Interactive being Denmark-based. In spite of that, the description of the book in the inventory says the book has a fictional title.
- When the book is found in One of a Kind, it has a post-it note with a reading list on it, though it disappears if 47 grabs it. The list (the titles of which are all related to birds for some reason) reads: