Dr. Francesca De Santis, Ph.D is a renowned Italian bio-engineer and Agent 47's secondary target in World of Tomorrow.
She pursued a scientific career, quickly gaining a reputation for her thoroughness and single-minded perseverance. However, a born cynic and fiercely career-driven libertarian, De Santis was always more focused on advancement and climbing the corporate ladder.
To reach the coveted position as region head of R&D at the Ether Corporation, one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, De Santis agreed to go undercover at Silvio Caruso's field lab to spy on him and make sure he doesn't unravel.
If he becomes a threat to the project of the company, De Santis has been instructed to have Caruso eliminated and carry on the work in his place, an order she has little qualms with.
Francesca De Santis comes across as charming, sophisticated, warm, caring and sensuous, but make no mistake; she is generally the smartest person in the room and two steps ahead of everyone else.This ability, to appear innocent while stabbing people in the back, is exactly what makes her dangerous.
- Francesca is immensely jealous and suspicious of her new boyfriend Roberto Vargas due to his previous love life. Interestingly, Roberto seems to be in love with her despite his ladies' man reputation.
- Despite Francesca being sent by Ether to spy on and potentially eliminate Silvio, she appears to have grown sympathetic towards him. In a phone call with a colleague, she states her desire to kill Silvio painlessly, framing it as a suicide induced by guilt from killing his mother.
- If Francesca is given the DNA sample of her found in Silvio's safe, she will feel angered and toss it in the fire. Silvio also has a Virus Prototype encoded with Francesca's DNA hidden in a model ship near his bedroom that can be used to kill her.
- According to a phone call with a colleague, Francesca studied graphology.
- According to two mansion staff members assembling furniture on the mansion's top floor, Francesca is into minimalism, which encouraged Silvio to buy new furniture to her taste upon hearing it.
- The ID card Francesca wears shows an earlier picture of her with a different hairstyle and facial structure.