|Hello 47, we've some business at the wiki.|
This article, or a section of this article, does not meet wiki standards. Please so that it meets our standards.
The Pentagon Knife is a melee weapon featured in Hitman: Codename 47 and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. It is the western counterpart of Oyabun Knife and a specialist army knife. Costing only $50, it is the cheapest weapon in the series and much more useful than Fiber Wire, but eventually it is removed from subsequent games.
The blades are 440C high-carbon stainless steel constructed with a traditional style. Unlike Oyabun Knife, the blades are toothed.
Comparisons with Fiber Wire
- As a bladed weapon, it can be used in two ways, slashing (frontal) and neck slicing (behind), whereas Fiber wire allows only strangulation from behind.
- It is much cheaper, costing only $50, whilst Fiber wire costs $110.
- The time required to kill a target is significantly lower than the fiber wire.
- Being made of metal, it cannot be used in places equipped with metal detectors, such as in "Traditions of the Trade", meanwhile, the fiber wire can pass through without detection.
- It can be bought in any mission from Find the U'wa Tribe to Plutonium Runs Loose. Otherwise, it appears in the following:
- Training - In the melee weapons training area.
- Say Hello to My Little Friend - In a weapon cache near the beginning of the mission.
In Silent Assassin, the Pentagon Knife is renamed as Combat Knife, and is one of the games's least common weapons. Aside from a different name, the Combat Knife remains the same as its previous counterpart. It appears only in the following: