Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
The handgun is simply known as Revolver (Stub Nosed in inventory view) in-game even though its proper name is Colt Python. In Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, the Revolver uses the same ammo (.357 Magnum) as the Desert Eagle, making it a powerful weapon. However, it is very inaccurate and should only be used in short range.
- Anathema - On Giuseppe Guillani.
- The Jacuzzi Job - On Charlie Sidjan's female bodyguards.
- Murder at the Bazaar - On Mohammad Amin, though he will never use it.
Hitman: Blood Money
In the Blood Money rendition, the weapon is much weaker, as it is chambered for the smaller 9mm ammo. It has low stopping power, usually requiring more than 6 shots in the torso to kill an unarmored target. This, combined with the weapon's low accuracy, rate of fire and magazine capacity, makes it one of the worst weapons in the game, on par with the Nailer, Six Shooter and WWI pistol.
- A Vintage Year - On Don Fernando Delgado and José Delgado.
- Death on the Mississippi - On all sailors, and in a weapons cache on the staff deck.
- The Snub Nosed revolver is based on the 4-inch barrel variant of Colt Python.
- The weapon in Hitman: Blood Money is based on the snub nosed variant of the Smith & Wesson Model 686, the one in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is based on the snub nosed variant of the Colt Python. Incidentally, the Snub Nosed Revolver is carried by a target in the first proper mission of their respective games.
- The Model 686 can be chambered in .357 calibers, mostly .357 Magnum, though in-game in Blood Money, this weapon is not that powerful.